Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and commenting on any post you may have read. I feel incredibly lucky to have you guys come here, share your views and opinions and have a conversation. While i believe that the vast majority of people who visit this blog add immense value to it by engaging in a positive and healthy way, i’ve also found that without a few simple ground rules, *some* people can get out of control and discourage others from engaging in the dialogue. So that’s why I have a comments policy – it keeps everything upfront, so if anyone ever does cross the line, they’ll know why I either edited or deleted their comment.
If for some reason you don’t agree with what I write, I’m totally fine with it. I have a right to voice my opinions just like everyone. You may disagree with me. If you don’t like my views or opinions, I do not take it personally and think that you should find a blog or website that speaks to you more. What I will not tolerate is you posting nasty comments or sending offensive emails. I will simply not put up with that.
With that said, here is my comments policy:
1. You retain ownership of your comments. I do not own them and I expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on my site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
2. You must use a name of some sort (a nickname or pseudonym is fine) not keyword grabbing words, and provide a real email address (visible only to the site moderator). Please use the same name and email address each time you comment, to build continuity and reputation.
3. External links are ok, if they are relevant to the original post and your comment. Please DO NOT add a link for the sole purpose of gaining links, traffic or clicks – it will never see the light of day. Only one link per comment is allowed.
4. I encourage you to start a dialogue with someone in the comments (as long as it stays relevant to what is being discussed) instead of just leaving a general comment about the blog. In short, a comment which does not add value to the conversation, and runs off topic will be deleted.
5. Be careful about mixing up fact and opinion and consider carefully how your words could be (mis)interpreted or (mis)represented. If you really want to get your point across, consider how you can positively make it without challenging the viewpoint of the author or another reader.
6. Offensive Language is strictly prohibited on this blog. Comments including but not limited to, profane or provocative language will be excluded (which means that hateful, racially or ethnically offensive or derogatory content, threats, obscene or sexually explicit language will not be tolerated.)
7. Spamming will not be tolerated. I have spam filters in place which automatically catch the majority of automated spam comments. Also every comment is moderated so no spam will make it through.
8. To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, personal information – yours or anybody else’s – must not be included in the body of the comment, neither should it be shared anywhere else on this site.
9. The blog owner, administrator, contributor, editor and/or author reserve the right to edit, delete, move or mark as spam any and all comments for any reason. I get to decide what is inappropriate or unwanted on this website. Period.
10. You grant me a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.
11. Your IP address is recorded along with the access times and the pages you viewed every time you visit the site. Any misuse of the site will result in your IP address being blocked permanently and in more serious cases, your IP provider will be notified and the matter will be referred to the police.